Friday, February 1, 2008

The Inspiration

The first post on my TravelBlog had to be on the book that made me do all this. There were a few inspirational books, like “How to be idle” by Tom Hodgkinson, the whole Positive Psicology ones, and even “Business through Consciousness” (sorry Google, paid dearly a training course that made me realise I had to leave the company). However the most influential one was “How to be a Complete and Utter Failure, in Life, Work, and everything else”. There I first bumped into concepts like “if you want the New to happen in your life you have to make space for it, getting rid of the Old”, and with this book I learned how to face the excuse we give ourselves not to leave as we want, like “if only i was younger, richer, (enter your own excuse here)”. I was reading the book in a cafe in Rathmines when I decided to give my notice, and I was reading the book at home in Italy when after much postponing my trip due to health reasons (an inflamed tendon to a finger) I learned another important lesson: if you really want to do something put yourself in a situation where you can't possibly go back, burn all bridges. So even if my finger wasnt fixed yet.. I bought my ticket anyway.. and off I go!