Friday, February 1, 2008

About Me

Some people call it career break, others mid-life crisis..

About Mcsilly

Andrea Di Tonto, 35, born in Italy, spent the last 7 years in Dublin, Ireland, until..one day decided to leave a good job in a well known internet company, good friends, loved people and loved pubs, and travel a bit.

From February '08 until the end of the year I was Flashpacking around the world on my own. Now back in Europe I still try not to settle down too long in one place. Looks like the only cure for the travel bug is to keep travelling.


What am I looking for?

Maybe I felt it was time to do the big trip before settling down somewhere.

Maybe I want to find out if I want to spend the rest of my life in an office or not. Or what could be the possible alternatives.

Maybe I want to find out what I really am and what I really want to do in my life.

Maybe I just want to take a break, enjoy some new places and cultures, some sunshine and good books, and then go back to my "normal" life.

Maybe I just want to clear out these maybes..

About This Blog


Originally designed to simply keep in touch with my friends back home, the blog started quite soon having a wider audience. The whole blog was created and updated on the tiny screen of a netbook, Asus eeePC, hence the graphic quality is not that advanced.

Content-wise though McSilly's Adventures is providing useful travel information, tales of places well and less known, and at the same time still trying to keep that original personal touch that had at the beginning. See it as a good friend of yours travelling around and telling you about it.

So make sure to Subscribe by RSS or by Email, and start exploring from the Location Visited menu here on the left sidebar.