Sunday, February 3, 2008

Arrival in Lombok

Well first of all as there were no seats available i managed to book this flight in business class for the same price. Being the only one in biz class I was very well looked after, with hostesses rifilling my wine glasses Irish-style (that is everytime the level was just about half the glass) from before take off to landing. This meant that I had constantly a Mr. Bean face on, and arrived in Lombok in spectacular mood. After the first confusion with the currency (thought i paid the taxi 28 euros for 20 mins ride, while actually it was 2.89 euro!) and the first impression of the island (I used to tell my mother thaat I was going in the middle of a jungle to scare her a bit, but I wasn't too far) I checked in this B'n'B, or Homestay as they called them here.
The city boy had some issues here, as even if I tought I was on my own.. well let's say I was indeed sharing with various elements of the local fauna. Now that I've been here a few days I realise I was being a bit fussy (I've changed accomodation meawhile though), and when opening a shower curtains some spider or small insect come up I consider myself lucky (big guys coming out from the Homestay shower) and think: the more the marrier! Pics are my room in the Homestay and the view from my ruma (veranda).